An online Forensic Accounting Degree is most often provided through bachelor’s, master’s, and certificate programs. They are completed by individuals who possess strong math and analytical skills, as well as a desire to apply those skills professionally. While campus-based degree programs are also offered in this field of study, the Online Forensic Accounting Degree programs are more advantageous to individuals who seek a customized, flexible option for educational advancement.
A typical online Forensic Accounting Degree program comprises courses such as Auditing and Forensic Accounting, Interview Techniques and Legal Aspects of Fraud, Computer Investigation, and Prevention Techniques for Financial Fraud. Through these courses and expert instructors, students acquire the skills they need to work as fraud investigators, internal auditors, and financial software developers in an industry that is expected to grow between 16 and 18 percent over the next several years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. As members of a high-demand field, professionals who occupy those occupations earn an average of $75,000 per year. Besides great marketability and salary potential, students who acquire online Forensic Accounting Degrees also obtain stable, long-term positions in an industry that continues to grow as technology advances.
How to Find the Top Online Forensic Accounting Degree Programs
The best online Forensic Accounting Degree programs not only provide their students with a convenient, flexible means for educational advancement, they also provide them with opportunities for skill enhancement through accredited, reputable programs that are taught by experts in the field. Each of the colleges and universities that are listed below include some of the top-ranked bachelor’s and/or master’s degree programs for forensic accounting studies.
Southern New Hampshire University: All of Southern New Hampshire University’s online degree programs are accredited by the New England Association of Colleges and Schools. This university offers an online Bachelor’s of Science in Accounting/Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination Degree program that possesses one of the most affordable tuition rates of all online degree programs in this field. The tuition cost for this online forensic accounting degree program is $320 per credit hour. Military students pay $225 per credit hour, which is another advantage of this university’s online Bachelor’s of Science in Accounting/Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination Degree program.
Florida Atlantic University’s College of Business: The Florida Atlantic University’s College of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. In addition, this university possesses the distinction of being the sixth-largest business school in the United States. An online Executive Master’s of Science in Forensic Accounting Degree program is offered, and it costs $369.82 per credit hour for residents of Florida. For non-residents, this degree program costs $1,024.81 per credit hour.
Careers and Salaries for Someone with an Online Forensic Accounting Degree
The greatest advantage for individuals who acquire an online Forensic Accounting Degree from an accredited school is that they do not have to obtain a master’s-level education to obtain great career opportunities in their field. While master’s-level degree programs in this field provide individuals with enhanced skills and resumes, they do not guarantee job placement. The following occupational opportunities are offered to individuals who possess either an online bachelor’s degree or an online master’s degree in the field of forensic accounting.
1. Fraud Investigators: Fraud investigators often work for individual companies and police departments, and their main role is to ensure that an organization’s employees and practices are functioning legally. These professionals work as associates, managers, directors, and supervisors who earn up to $82,000 per year.
2. Public Accountants: Public accountants often work independently with individuals who require or desire investment and financial advice that is both legal and professional. These professionals enjoy earnings between $47,000 and $75,000 per year.
3. Management Accountants: Management Accountants ensure that an organization’s financial, tax, and investment components are dealt with according to the government’s laws and regulations. These forensic accounting professionals make around $65,000 per year.
4. Government Auditors: These professionals work to ensure that the government, its officials, and its procedures are functioning according to national laws and regulations. Government auditors enjoy annual salaries of up to $116,671.
5. Internal Auditors: The main role of internal auditors is to ensure that an organization’s practices and procedures are compliant with the government’s laws and regulations. Professionals who work in this forensic accounting field make $60,113 per year.
6. Financial Software Developers: Financial software developers are creative individuals who ensure the quality and efficiency of an organization’s financial software components. They earn an average forensic accounting salary of $76,161 per year.
7. Corporate Tax Lawyers: These professionals prepare an organization’s tax and legal documents according to state and national laws, and they earn an average of $127,598 per year. Corporate tax lawyers must possess a law degree in addition to an online Forensic Accounting Degree.
Additional Resource: Top 10 Best Online Accounting Degree Programs