Best Online Accounting Degree Programs is proud to be your complete guide to earning an accounting degree online. Explore what it’s really like to earn your accounting degree online. Check out our FAQ for fast facts about accounting degrees and careers. Browse our rankings of the best online accounting degree programs to see if one of these programs is a good fit for you. Discover more about the accounting degree programs at the top online schools. Investigate associate, bachelor’s and master’s degree programs. Intent on becoming a certified public accountant? You’ll find information about online certified public accountant programs too.
At Best Online Accounting Degree Programs, we understand that you’re thinking about your future. That’s why we provide the information you need to start charting your professional course. Use our resources to learn about a variety of accounting jobs. Find out more about what forensic accountants, comptrollers, internal auditors, certified public accountants and chief financial officers do and what kind of salary range they expect. Don’t forget to visit our blog for news and stories about accounting and financial matters.
Despite popular perception, accounting is much more than adding and subtracting numbers. Accountants are responsible for organizing facts, analyzing them and then presenting them as useful information that can guide a business’ decisions. Apply that same critical thinking to the information here, and you’ll see that earning your accounting degree online makes sense. With the flexibility to set your own schedule and the freedom to attend schools anywhere in the country from your own laptop, online degree programs offer unparalleled options.
Some facts to consider:
- In 2012, 62.4 percent of colleges and universities offered complete online degree programs.
- Accounting is one of the three bachelor degrees employers want the most.
- Professional opportunities in accounting are expected to grow by 13 percent between 2012 and 2020.
- Accountants and auditors earned a median wage of $63,550 in 2012.
- The membership roles of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants include close to 39,500 accounting professionals in over 120 countries.
- Over 80 percent of executives consider online degrees as reliable as traditional degrees.